Did something great happen to you while shopping with us? While having your instrument repaired? E-mail us about it!
Over the years, Art’s Music Shop has received the following:
- More than 200 schools and directors in the South have chosen Art’s Music Shop as the company to serve their musical products needs
- National Brand Names Retailer-of-the-Year by the Brand Names Foundation
- Named “Best Music Store” in consumer/reader’s polls by both the Montgomery Advertiser and Dothan Eagle Newspapers
- Reader’s Choice “Best Music Store” award by Guitar for the Practicing Musician Magazine
- “Best Percussion Dealer Nationwide” nomination by Music & Sound Retailer Magazine
- One of the “Top Music Store Chains in the Country” by Music Merchandise Magazine
- One of the “Top 50 Music Stores” by Music Trades Magazine
- Best of Show, Gold and Silver awards from Montgomery Advertising Foundation
- Band Association certificates from Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana and Mississippi
- I haven’t had much of an opportunity to provide an update on life & the general pursuit of happiness. I have seen a lot of that this week in the eyes of my daughter. The joy on her face when we surprised her with…a new guitar. First, let me put in a shameless plug for Art’s Music in Inverness and Jessica Freehling-Kazzie. She was so helpful & patient and really led us to the right instrument for Ellen. The Breedlove has a sweet sound [...] I would recommend Jessica & Art’s to anyone looking to make music [...] Thanks for all your help! We’ve had a great weekend together as a family. -Jeff (Blogger – Posted December 26, 2010)
- jpbinbhm - Dec 24, 2011
- I have shopped at Arts for several years and have found them consistently approachable and knowledgeable [...] Arts covers a broader swath than many music shops. They significantly target the school band and orchestra markets and are heavily invested in coordinating instruction with product purchase. Yet they still have significant offerings in guitars, keyboards, amps and drums [...] they have good stock and reasonable pricing [...] Smaller store so not enormous inventory but decent selection. They fill their niche nicely in Bhm and are an important place to check out when seriously shopping for instruments in this market…There is not a better place for the broader market of woodwinds, brass etc. for school market nor nicer people nor people more committed to instruction.
- Bo - Nov 29, 2011
- I was a bit reluctant to shop at Art’s after reading the last reviews. However, I did stop in and much to my pleasure, I was treated with exeptional service by Jeff B. I was looking for a voice over box. Unfamiliar with the exact item I needed, Jeff took the time to show me 2 different style units. Not only did he show me… he took them out of the box, hooked them up with a mic, and turned on a piano for me to used as rhythm. I found the whole environment to be quite accommodating and very adequate for people to find what they want in the music department. Great store and shopping experience. The price was quite a bit less than I expected too. Thanks Jeff.
- Thanks for everything. Our experience with Art’s has been good. Our son loves his trombone. -Mark Kunkel
- My son was in Oak Mountain Middle School band and this store was wonderful in supporting the program. Very knowledgable sales staff, friendly people! -Amy Houston
- You always have the supplies I am needing for my children who are in Oak Mountain schools. -Priscilla Fitzgerald
- I have been in the store several times to make a payment on my daughter’s instrument. On every visit the staff has always been very nice and friendly. -Jennifer Robb
- You guys are always great. Thanks for being there for our kids at school and in the store. -Deborah Walters
- We have always been impress with your great customer service. -Paula Turner
- Excellent service! Jesse in particular goes above and beyond every time. -Andrew Davis
- Jennifer is outstanding when helping us find music! Everyone is wonderful and helpful whenever we come in! -Courtney Monnette
- I really appreciated that when I expressed my concern over the cost of equipment, etc. The salesperson was understanding and did not push to sell me more than we needed. -Anonymous
- We had a minor “flute emergency” on the day of All County band rehearsal, which was repaired in time for practice that day. Thank you! Saved the day! -Anonymous
- Mike Mason has always taken care of our music needs promptly. -Beth R. Childress
- Steve, Brandon & Clyde were all extremely helpful answering our questions, measuring all of us & helping to get our accounts started. -Monica Pugh
- Steve Long has always been super nice and always took care of me & my family. -Don Meeks
- Salesman did a great job [...] thank you so much! -Mildred Scott
- You all went out of your way to help us and even mailed us a T-shirt when you did not have one on hand. Wonderful! -Fay Madrid
- A mandolin was brought to Montgomery from the Birmingham store. That was the mandolin I wanted. Neil was very helpful and installed a free strap button for me. Thanks! -William Hogan
- As always, I am extremely impressed by the lightning fast, courteous service from Robin in your print music department & my dealings with Dick Turner in your Birmingham store. -Anonymous
- Brandon Hull was the kindest, most professional, knowledgeable person I have dealt with in my 50(+) years. When my grandson asked Santa for his guitar to be fixed and for an amplifier I had no clue where to start. Thanks to Brandon he will have the perfect Christmas gifts. -Betty Metcalf
- I am in Art’s at least once a week as I take guitar lessons there. I also teach private piano and send all of my parents there for books. I have purchased many items there – won’t go anywhere else! Your personnel are top notch! Great service! -Kathy Horton
- Clyde James was very patient with my 13-year-old daughter in selecting a band instrument. We really didn’t know what was best for her, but Clyde walked her through each one. -Teri French
- We have made three or four visits to Art’s for repairs on our rental clarinet. Ed Ritty has always taken great care & explaining the repair. -Gordon R.
- We had an excellent experience. Great staff. Ms. Heather Ransom is very knowledgeable and goes out of her way. -Jennifer Pearson
- Super job, as usual! Thanks. -Tim Zobel
- Mr. Neil Young was very helpful and friendly. First time to ever have to get an instrument. He took care of all our needs – very patient – A++! -Melanie Saunders
- Lucky won me over in 1977! I’m still with you. I miss Art’s notes! -Richard Bouton
- Wow! Trombone looks brand new – I wasn’t expecting that! Thank you! -Donna Covey
Have experience with this business? Write a Review.
This is a wonderful source to purchase any school band instrument that your child may require. They also visit schools for maintenance of your instrument and to sell supplies. They offer very convenient payment plans. I purchased my son’s percussian set from them and it has proven to be of excellent quality. I would definitely purchase from them again.
November 27, 2005